Wednesday, April 05, 2006

 

Baseball

I have been a bad blogger. I have several excuses, but none of them are that good. I have had a particular topic I have been thinking about, but I am not sure who reads this blog so I will address it some other time. I feel like that has given me some writers' block.

The pharmacy continues to get busier. We did 33 on Monday. I hope to be at an average of 25 per day by the end of the month. I continue to worry about money, but our cash flow is getting better. I miss S working with me, but I am not looking forward to paying 2 employees while still not paying myself. We placed flyers in the paper boxes of residents two weekends ago. I have had several people come in as a result. We are going to have an ad in the state paper this weekend within a larger ad for Pleasantville. We may also see an increase in business due to the new business across the street from us. It is going to be a wine and cheese shop. They have a cedar, walk-in humidor (for cigars) and a cappuchino machine (for me). They will carry tobacco products, cheese, olive oil, micro-brewed beers, and about 450 wines. I am excited to see it open.

K started baseball at the beginning of March. Talk about torture. He has 2 games per week and at least 1 practice. I never realized how much time my parents spent at softball fields (insert lesbian joke here) when I was a kid. Usually J brings K at 6:00 pm and I show up as soon as I can after I close the store at 6:30. Our team mom is an absolute gem. She talks to everyone and is always super nice. I just hate that we spend at least 2 hours at each game and each practice. K has some natural talent, but is not that into the game. A couple of Saturdays ago, we were playing a very long game. The inning ended and the kids started lining up to shake hands. The coaches from the other team asked to play another inning. The games have a time limit of 1 hour and 45 minutes. You just have to begin the last inning within that limit. So we started another inning. Our kids were not very happy. My kid was downright pissed-off. We'll see. He is going to visit his grandparents (my parents') for his spring break to get some training from Poppie.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?