Saturday, February 11, 2006

 

Saturday

I have found that I can do a decent post on Saturday since I am usually the only person working. I had a nice long post last Saturday, but it got eaten by blogger. It was about the shooting at a gay bar last week. Oh, well. I cannot rewrite something once it is lost unless absolutely necessary. I think my business plan is lost. I had it on a flash drive that has been wiped. I plan to call the pharmacy association or the bank to get a copy of it.

I met a woman yesterday who is moving in here in June who made me want to rewrite the business plan. She did a community pharmacy practice residency last year. She is interested in working here and possibly helping me expand this practice. She would like to do diabetes educations and teach pharmacy students. I mentioned that I wanted to turn my garage into a compounding lab and she seemed interested in learning how to compound. We talked for a half hour. It was nice to get excited about my business again. I definitely needed after this week.

No, I still don't have the loan. I should have the money by Tuesday unless something is not signed properly. I am no longer receiving medications from my wholesaler. They did not deliver on Thursday or Friday. I understand the business decision to stop delivering to us until we can pay, but it did not end there. No one called to let me know that I was not getting the medication. When I called them, my sales representative made it seem like I was not telling them the truth. I thought that I was being paranoid. Then, yesterday the credit manager called me directly.

"This is T, the credit manager for your wholesaler."

"Okay" Long pause. What am I supposed to say?

"I need to clarify somethings about this loan."

"I have signed my papers. I spoke to the person providing the collateral and he put his papers in the mail yesterday." Longer pause.

"So we will get our money today?"

"I don't know. It may be Monday before my banker can release the funds."

"Monday. What kind of loan is this anyways?"

"It is a line of credit." Longest pause yet. I break the silence.

"Would you like to speak to my banker?"

"Is that this RH? Yes, I want to speak to her."

So you are looking at the commitment letter and you know exactly what kind of loan it is and for how much. Fucker. I give him her direct line and her cell line. He asks me to call her and give her permission to talk to him about the information. I call her later in the afternoon. She tells me that he was not very nice. She tells me that he asks her if she is sure that I am not trying to pull some scam. She defends me and tells him that I have good credit and a great location. She lets him know that I have the support of friends and family and that is how I have been able to stay open.

What she did not tell him is that I sold my beloved Mini Cooper because I couldn't afford it anymore or that I haven't paid my student loans since November. She did not tell him that without J's family, K would have had a crappy Christmas or that I haven't had a haircut since August. J is staying at a friend's house this weekend instead of at the hotel where her conference is being held because we can't afford to pay for the room now and be reimbursed later. These are all part of the sacrifice we knew we were going to have to make for this business. I am angry at the suggestion that we are deliberately not paying them and keeping the money for our own use. I believe that one should do some research before flinging those kind of allegations around. Oh, well. I will be finding a new wholesaler as soon as I straighten this crap out.

I have been able to buy or borrow from some other independents so none of my patients have been affected. I hope that I will be able to get an order on Tuesday. I am worried that they will try to make me prepay for my orders from now on. I will then start calling the pharmacy association and people I have met at my wholesaler and it will get nasty. Or not. I don't know.

In other news, I am planning to write a post about what home means to me and submit it to a blogging contest on HomoMojo.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?