Thursday, January 12, 2006

 

Soda

It has been a slow day. I am getting the silent treatment from S. She expects me to supply soda to drink as well as lunch items. She has been asking me this week when I was going to buy sodas. I told her that soda was a luxury item and would not be purchased during this time of poverty. So, she showed up with a 20-oz soda every morning this week. Yesterday, I finally broke down and bought soda. This morning, she show up empty handed. I asked her why she didn't stop for a 20-oz today. She told me that she was broke. She hasn't said anything else to me this morning. I do understand being broke. I haven't had a salary since October. I was not able to pay for the past 2 weeks so she feels entitled to my stuff. It is one of the joys of working with family.

I should also say that she makes me laugh at least once a day. I have also been consistently behind in paying her salary. I hope that she comes back after Z is born. My mom is sure that we will have a falling out over this work situation. Unfortunately, my mom is right often. I have to remember that our business relationship is separate from our family relationship. I absolutely hate it when my mother is right.

Comments:
I just found your blog. Nice job!

Good luck on the pharmacy and stuffs. I sure wish you were a thousand or so miles north.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?