Saturday, January 07, 2006

 

Saturday morning

I thought that I would not be able blog much this week, but I have been alone at the pharmacy frequently. I didn't realize how much time J usually spends with me. I spent the night with her again last night. It was a good night. We went to sleep around 11:30 and were only woken once at ~ 5:00 am. Her mom arrived at 7:40 am and we were still sleeping. She has had aggressive respiratory therapy and a couple other treatments that have made a significant difference. It was scary the first couple of days though. When you live with a person with a chronic medical condition who stays in good health, you get lulled into a false sense on security. We have talked about medical power of attorney and other legal stuff, but I felt like we had plenty of time for that later. I guess I should rethink that.

I have debated whether or not to write about my mom. I have a confusing and difficult relationship her (okay, most of us have that kind of relationship with our mothers). I love her and she made me the person that I am. I am frustrated with the way she sees the relationship between J and I. She used to joke when I was in my teens and early twenties that I was going to come out when I was in my 40's. When I fell in love with J, I figured she would be prepared. She has been as nice as she can to J, but there is a caution there that I don't think she had with C. To be fair, maybe she doesn't trust me to maintain this relationship. Anyways, last night I called her to update her on Jennifer's progress. She didn't say to much until I mentioned that K was staying with R & M so I could spend the night. She reminded me that K needed me too and she didn't want there to be jealousy between K & J. Valid point, but if C had ever spent any time in a hospital, I doubt she would be so concerned. I am overly sensitive about all things dealing with K so maybe I am reading into it. All of this goes back to the marriage thing. If we were married, no one would question whether or not I should be at the hospital with her.

There is very little going on at the pharmacy. Prescription sales were good this week.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?