Saturday, January 28, 2006

 

Go Target

So, Target finally fired Heather Williams, an anti-choice activist pharmacist, for refusing to fill a prescription for Plan B. You can read the story here:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/F66D4B9D4D4E342E8625710300039083?OpenDocument

Not only did she refuse to fill it, but she also would not provide information on where else the patient fill the prescription. Target requires its pharmacist to help the patient if they do not want to fill it. I think I should mail her a copy of my article. I just don't understand why she hasn't gotten a job where she doesn't have to fill those types of prescriptions. She could work for a private, religious hospital. She could work in a nuclear pharmacy (they fill cancer medications). She could work at a mail order pharmacy. She could work for WalMart. She could open her own pharmacy and have whatever policy she wants. I think she has been waiting for the last 5 years to victimize and humiliate a patient. People like her should be punished by their state boards of pharmacy. I think she should be fined and put on probation. If she does it again, she should lose her license. I was on another blog yesterday that covered this story. Another reader commented that they believed that this attitude that one can preach from behind the counter begins in pharmacy school. I wrote in and agreed. The moderator of the blog contacted me to ask if I would be interested in participating in a story. I will link the story when it is written.

In other news, the building across the street was flooding this morning. Apparently, a pipe near the water heater burst. The building is unoccupied so I had to make several calls and a short trip to the sheriff's substation up the street. They got the water turned off 2 hours after we noticed.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?