Friday, January 27, 2006

 

Bank update

I talked to my banker today. She says that she just needs a document to secure the collateral. After that, we can wrap things up in 24 hours. Next Tuesday, my wholesaler is coming for all of the money I owe them. The timing of the loan is perfect. They actually tried to take out a payment this week after agreeing to hold off until January 31st. The credit manager is obviously not on the same page with the rest of the friendly, flexible people he works with. I have been in a state of panic about money since July. I hope this takes it down a notch. I will still be dirt poor, but at least my wholesaler won't be breathing down my neck.

Business continues to grow. We have already seen 4% growth this month and we still have 4 more business days. I had projected a growth rate of 15% per month. Last month, we had 39% growth in sales. We have had several positive comments posted on the Pleasantville message board.

I attended the Merchant Guild meeting. The merchants of the various stores sit down with staff of the property management group. We talk about marketing opportunities and issues that concern us. Today, a major concern was the kids and their skateboards on our sidewalks. Oh, my god, I am so old. I can't believe I was at a meeting where the topic of discussion was the banning of skateboards and scooters. I suggested if we were going to ban them that we create a space where the kids could skate. That was immediately shot down because the property group would have to be liable for such a space. I felt like I was at a meeting with "The Man". I tried to speak up for the poor oppressed skaters. One member requested that we have signs made that say "No skateboards. No scooters." Another member, a deli owner, pointed out that the skaters and the other kids support his business. It was tabled for now. If they can put up skate signs, I wonder if I can put up a sign that says:

"Please do not park in front of the pharmacy if you are not using the pharmacy. There is 150 car parking lot right across the street for you to use when eating at the deli. Thank you!"

We need some new businesses to open up, but we spent 20 minutes discussing skaters. Eeek.

Comments:
Well, good news on the bank front, anyway!

Meetings like that just make me crazy.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?