Wednesday, December 28, 2005

 

Trip- part 2

We left the hotel around 4 o'clock, too early for dinner. We walked around the mall for an hour. I was to broke to really buy anything. We wandered downtown and found a small Italian place. As we were walking in we saw that the place had a dress code. We were a little skeptical already and took it as our cue to find somewhere else to eat. Of course the desperate wait staff had already spotted us and stopped us on our way back to the car. The nice waiter assured us that our attire was acceptable. The food was a little bit above average. The service was excellent.

We went back to the hotel where I discovered the extent of the roach problem. Several yucky small roaches scattered when we walked in. I mean I am used to the large Palmetto bugs that are native to South Carolina and the rest of the humid South. To me, Palmetto bugs are just part of the landscape like kudzu. Small roaches indicate filth. I was completely disgusted when I noticed a small roach trapped in the LCD of room microwave. I slept restlessly, imagining roaches crawling on me in my sleep.

I awoke with the resolution of letting my trainer know what a crappy hotel she put us in, but I don't like anything that even resembles confrontation. I never told her and class was extra boring. Also, we had lunch from the same place which neither S nor I liked to begin with. If I were able to expense lunches, I would be eating somewhere new everyday. So again, this trip was in August. We did not open until November 1st. Would you like to guess how much of the class I remembered?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?